Sunday, June 20, 2010

Fruit and nut poha



There are so many different ways to make the simple poha yet everytime I see a new recipe I get all excited. I got this one from relishing recipes. I absolutely loved her rendition of making the unassuming poha with nuts in it. I always have various nuts in my freezer. As nuts have lots of oil it is preferable to store them in the freezer. I planned to use them up before they become stale and this gave me the perfect opportunity.

Ingredients:
- 1 cup thick poha washed
- 1 carrot gratted
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1 small potato cubed and boiled
- 1 tbsp of peanuts
- 1 tbsp of cashewnuts
- 1 tbsp of almonds
- 1 heaping tbsp of raisins
- salt to taste

Seasoning:
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp jeera seeds
- 1/4 tsp of turmeric
- few curry leaves

Method:
1. In a hot tawa add oil and the seasoning. Once the mustard starts to splutter add in all the nuts. Fry till they become slightly brown.
2. Add onions and saute till they turn color. Now add the boiled potatoes and mix them well. If it is too dry add a few teaspoons of water
3. Now add the soaked poha and mix it well with the other ingredients. Sprinkle water if you think it is too dry.
4. Finally add the shreaded carrot on the top. The carrots need not be cooke completely. It adds a beautiful color and a slight crunch to the poha.

Garnish with cilantro and serve it hot. Poha needs to eaten at once for the best taste.

Sending this recipe to healing foods hosted by Priya and also to
What's lurking in your kitchen hosted by Nupur of One Hot Stove.

3 comments:

Unknown

Very lovely looking poha. I do add peanuts, but never raisin, almonds and cashews. Thanks for a wonderful idea :)

Nupur

Thank you for all 3 entries for my event- they look fantastic!

Anonymous

roses day message for girlfriend
chocolate day love messages for her
valentine day message for mother

AdiRuchi   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP