Thursday, February 25, 2010

Cauliflower with Panch Phoran




As I mentioned earlier I am still playing with my latest discovery panch phoran. This time I combined dhal and vegetables to make a wholesome meal. Got my idea from here. I modified the original idea a little bit to suit our tastes.

Ingredients:
- 1 cup massor dhal
- 1 cup cauliflower broken to small pieces
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 tomato chopped
- 2 green chilies
- 1 inch ginger piece minced
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp cooking oil
- 1 tsp panch phoran
- Salt to taste

Fry and grind
- 1 tsp panch phoran

Method:

1. I used a slow cooker/croak pot to cook the massor dhal. It took me about 3 hours in high.
2. Once the masoor dhal was three fourth's cooked add the cauliflower
3. Meanwhile in a separate pan add the oil and the panch phoran. Once it starts to splutter add ginger and chopped chillies. Add the onions and fry till they turn a golden brown.
4. Add the chopped tomatoes and cook it till the tomatoes become mushy. Now add the turmeric powder and the ground panch phoran.
5. Add it all to the croak pot and reduce it to low. It should be done in another 15- 20 minutes. Keep an eye on the dish (even though it is a croak pot) as the cauliflower tends to become mushy.

Garnish with cilantro and serve it hot with rice or roti

0 comments:

AdiRuchi   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP