It has been quite some time since we posted any recipe. When I saw this recipe in a local channel, I was motivated to try it out and post it immediately. It is a simple and easy snack to make for the kiddos. Try it out and let us know.
- Dosa Batter (as needed)
- 1 Onion
- 2-3 Tomato
- Red chilie (as needed)
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp Hing
- 1/4 tsp Mustard
- 1/4 tsp Urad dhal
- Handful of chopped coriander
- 1 tsp oil
- Salt to taste
1. Chop the onions and tomato finely.
2. Add oil in a frying pan and once the oil is hot add mustard seeds and uradh dhal.
3. Once in splutters add hing, onion and fry until it turns translucent
4. Add tomato and fry until it turns mushy. Add chilie powder, salt to taste and fry for 2-3 minutes.
5. Take an appe pan and spray with Pam or add 1/4 tsp of oil.
6. Take a bowl and mix the tomato mixture and dosa batter. The final batter should be a little thick. So add the dosa batter as needed.
7. Once the appe pan is hot pour the batter in each groove. Reduce the heat and let it cook for a minute. Turn it with a spoon.
8. Spray oil on the cooked paniyaram and close the appe pan with a lid. Remove the lid after 20 seconds.
9. Check if the paniyaram is done and remove from the pan
Serve this with spicy coconut chutney. For kids you can grate some carrot,peas and add it to the tomato. You can also reduce the red chilie powder.