- 1 cup Raw Rice
- 1 Cup Idli Rice
- 1 cup Uradh Dhal
- Salt to taste
Ingredeints to mix in the dough
- Ground pepper and jeera
- Dry ginger powder (Sukku in Tamil)
- 4-5 tbsp oil
- Coriander leaves
- Curry leaves
- Soak the dhal and rice together for at least for 8 hours
- Grind it together, add salt. The batter should be in dosa batter consistency.
- Let the batter ferment overnight
- Before making the idli add ground pepper,jeera , dry ginger powder, oil, coriander and curry leaves. Mix it well.
- Pour the batter in a bowl and steam it in a pressure cooker (like idli) for 45 min. You can test it by inserting a knife in the middle. The knife should come clean.
- Remove from stove and let it cool down. Cut it in small pieces.